Limited Product Warranty – Twelve Years Repair, Replacement or Refund Remedy
SUNTECH warrants its MODULES, including factory-assembled DC connectors and cables, if any, to be free from defect in materials and workmanship, as per the mechanical and electrical characteristics of the product's datasheet, under normal application, proper installation as per Suntech installation guide, use and service conditions. If MODULES fail to conform to this warranty, during the period of One Hundred Forty Four (144) months from the WARRANTY START DATE, SUNTECH will, at its option, either repair or replace the product, or refund the current list price at the time of warranty claim resolution of comparable SUNTECH MODULES. The repair or replacement or refund remedy shall be the sole and exclusive remedy provided under the “Limited Product Warranty” and shall not be extended beyond the period set forth herein.
This “Limited Product Warranty” does not warrant a specific power output, which shall be exclusively covered under clause 2 hereinafter (“Limited Peak Power Warranty”).
Limited Peak Power Warranty - Limited Remedy
Suntech warrants that for a period of twenty-five years the module will maintain a level of performance as set forth below:
- For Poly Module, the actual power output of the module will be no less than 97.5% of the labelled power output in the first year; thereafter, 0.7% maximum decrease per year, ending with 80.7% in the 25th year after the WARRANTY START DATE.
- For Mono Module, the actual power output of the module will be no less than 97% of the labelled power output in the first year; thereafter, 0.7% maximum decrease per year, ending with 80.2% in the 25th year after the WARRANTY START DATE.
- For Hypro-mono Module, the actual power output of the module will be no less than 97.5% of the labelled power output in the first year; thereafter, 0.7% maximum decrease per year, ending with 80.7% in the 25th year after the WARRANTY START DATE.
SUNTECH warrants each module against defects in materials and workmanship that result in the failure of the MODULES to produce the warranted percentage specified above of the nominal power output for the module set forth in SUNTECH product datasheet. If SUNTECH determines in its discretion that any module is not providing the warranted percentage of the nominal power output because of defects in materials and workmanship, SUNTECH will at its option either
(1) replace such loss in power by either,
(a) providing additional MODULES to the CUSTOMER to make up for such loss in power, or
(b) replacing the defective module(s) or part by a functional equivalent; or
(2) refund the percentage of the module(s) price, representing the percentage of the power that is less than the warranted percentage of the nominal power according to the current list price, at the time of warranty claim resolution, of comparable SUNTECH MODULES. The remedies set forth in this clause 2 shall be the sole and exclusive remedies provided under the “Limited Peak Power Warranty”. Nominal Power Output in product datasheet is the power in Watt peak that a Photovoltaic Solar Modules generates in its Maximum Power Point under Standard Testing Conditions (STC). STC are as follows:
(a) light spectrum of AM 1.5,
(b) an irradiation of 1000 W per m2 and
(c) a cell temperature of 25 degrees centigrade at right angle irradiation. The measurements are carried out in accordance with IEC 61215 as tested at the connectors or junction box terminals – as applicable – per calibration and testing standards of SUNTECH valid at the date of manufacture of the PV-modules.
See attached document for more information
If you have an issues with your system,
please log an issue